Skip to main contentSkip to main navigationSkip to footer content

TVCC Admissions Office

Veterans Benefits

TVCC's Veteran Services School Certifying Officials work with State Approving Agencies in Idaho and Oregon for approval of TVCC Certificates and Degree Programs for Veteran Education Benefit use. 

It is the student's responsibility to notify the TVCC School Certifying Official of any change in enrollment, address, program of study, enrollment at another institution, or any other change that may impact their Veteran Education Benefits. Those students receiving benefits must follow the standards of satisfactory academic progress to maintain eligibility for VA benefits.

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs regulations require that all persons using any type of veteran educational assistance program be making satisfactory academic progress toward achievement of their educational objective (program of study). For additional details and information regarding use of veteran's educational benefits at TVCC, contact one of  TVCC's School Certifying Officials, Julie Lynch at (541) 881-5975 or Angelina Rom at (208)455-6839, or you may find further information at

Veteran's benefits available:

  • Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill ®- Active Duty
  • Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation (available through your local VA office)
  • Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill ®
  • Chapter 35 Survivors/Dependents of Deceased or 100% Disabled Veterans
  • Chapter 1606 Montgomery GI Bill ®- Selected Reserve

    GI Bill ® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).  More information about education benefits offered by the VA is available at the official U.S. government website at

In-State Tuition

Treasure Valley Community College charges in-state tuition rates for all students using Veteran Education Benefits.

Eligibility for Veterans (Chapter 33)*

Generally, an individual who served a minimum of 90 days on active duty after September 10, 2001, will be eligible for educational assistance under the Post-9/11 GI Bill. Active duty served as a member of the Armed Forces or as a result of a call or order to active duty from a reserve component under section 688, 12301(a), 12301(d), 12303(g), 12302, or 12304 of Title 10 is qualifying active duty service. 

*See U.S Department of Veterans Affairs official U.S. government website for full details:

Eligibility for Spouses/Children (Chapter 35)

Educational Assistance paid to dependents of Veterans who have a service-connected permanent and total disability or died as a result of service connection. Persons who may be eligible are: 

  • A child (between ages 18 and 26, with some exceptions) of a Veteran who is permanently and totally disabled due to a service-related condition; or who died in service; or who died of a service-connected disability; or who died while evaluated as having total and permanent service-connected disability; or who is listed as a POW or MIA
  • The surviving spouse of a Veteran who died of a service-connected disability, or died in service, or died while evaluated as having total and permanent disability resulting from a service-connected disability. Surviving spouses, whose benefits stopped when they remarried can receive DEA benefits again if their remarriage ends by death, divorce, or they cease to live with the person to whom they presented themselves in public as married
  • A spouse of a Veteran or serviceperson who has a total and permanent disability resulting from a service-connected disability; or who is listed as a POW or MIA
  • The spouse or child of a Service member who is hospitalized or receiving outpatient treatment for a service-connected permanent and total disability and is likely to be discharged for that disability
  • A child, spouse, or surviving spouse may be eligible for special restorative training where needed to overcome or lessen the effects of a physical or mental disability for the purpose of enabling an eligible person to pursue a special vocational program or other appropriate goal 

Find more information on Dependents Educational Assistance webpage.

Transfer of Credits

Students utilizing veteran education benefits who enter as transfer students, or who have completed any college-level course work, are required to have all official transcripts submitted to the Admissions Office for evaluation. Students have until the end of their first term of enrollment to have submitted official transcripts. The VA will not pay for the student to repeat any classes they have previously passed successfully. Transfer credit can be awarded for some military courses.