Admission for International Students
TVCC welcomes international students and offers a personal, supportive learning environment. International students seeking admission must provide the following:
- A completed online Admissions Application.
- Proof of completing a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Official transcripts from all previous high schools, colleges, or universities (If the original transcripts are not in English, English translations must be provided).
- Documentation of financial support sufficient to meet the cost of one year of tuition, fees and living expenses in the form of an original, current bank statement on bank letterhead stationary showing a balance equal to the cost of one year of tuition, fees, and living expenses. Scholarships and fellowships may be documented with an official award letter from the College or sponsoring agency.
- Photocopy of the identification page of the current passport.
- Proof of health insurance.
- Evidence of English language proficiency. Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency by meeting one of the following requirements:
- An official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 61 on the Internet-Based Test (iBT), at least 173 on the computer-based test (CBT), or at least 500 on the Paper-Based Test (PBT);
- A score of at least 6 on the International English Language testing System (IELTS);
- Graduation from a U.S. high school; or A score of at least 6 on the International English Language testing System (IELTS):
- Completion of an ESL (English as a Second Language) Program.
An international student who is transferring from another U.S. college must also submit:
- Photocopy of the current Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) Form I-20
- Photocopy of your I-94-Arrival/Departure Record;
- Completed TVCC International Student Transfer-In Form.;
Mail or fax all admissions documents to:
Treasure Valley Community College
650 College Boulevard
Ontario, Oregon, US 97914
Fax: (541) 881-5529
If you submit electronic documents, you must mail the original paperwork, as well.
All records in a foreign language must include the originals accompanied by an English translation.When all of the above forms and required information is received by the Admissions Office, the applicant will then be considered for admission (an I-20 form will not be issued to any individual until all required information has been received and approved by the Admission Office). All students must enroll by the last scheduled day of registration of each term. Foreign students must register for 12 credits or more to be certified on the I-20 form.
- Advising: 541.881.5815
- Admissions: 541.881.5811
- Financial Aid: 541.881.5833